Lost in Klamath, looking for a restaurant, we ended up going the wrong way on a one-way street. Allowance was given us to make a turn-around. We found a nice deli, A Leap of Taste, http://aleapoftaste.com/about
Lunch…tasty…which included the weirdest drink, Lemon Elation. I liked the look of the can.
On a whim I bought a mushroom kit to “grow yer own”.
Eugene was a welcome sight as well as our first B&B, McKenzie Orchards B&B in Springfield. Deb, our host, served a Pinot Noir of the Willamette Valley, with crackers, cream cheese, pepper jellie, olives and feta. She recommended The Chief Brewhouse (as she was their pastry chef). We spit a dinner of BBQ chicken, pulled pork, and brisket, and a cream-type apple pie for dissert…not the mention the French fries and broccoli (Lynn forced me to eat). I had a black beer. It was all pretty good.
FYI, there is no 4-G connection on the Willamette Pass. As we were on the only road between 97 and I-5 I’m sure we weren’t lost but the new I-phone was a colossal failure for directions while following the Willamette River downhill…back to the paper map. Old “tech” is best.
Eugene was a welcome sight as well as our first B&B, McKenzie Orchards B&B in Springfield. Deb, our host, served a Pinot Noir of the Willamette Valley, with crackers, cream cheese, pepper jellie, olives and feta. She recommended The Chief Brewhouse (as she was their pastry chef). We spit a dinner of BBQ chicken, pulled pork, and brisket, and a cream-type apple pie for dissert…not the mention the French fries and broccoli (Lynn forced me to eat). I had a black beer. It was all pretty good.
‘xcuse me as I got’a go floss.



This first one works just fine. Sounds like us eating our way to vacation.
ReplyDeleteI love the GPS. It is always right. We travel with paper maps, GPS, Phone and lots of discussion. Have fun.
DeleteDavid, You and Lynn have a great trip. I have driven through that bit of country and I have never stopped to see anything there, not even Crater Lake. I don't know anything about "black beer" although I do have a few bottles of Guinness Extra Stout, Irish Death, and Arrogant Bastard.
ReplyDelete