The drive to Seattle was a bit exhausting but we made it…a tough night but Lynn insists that I did a good job snoring…but every time we saw Mt. Rainer (Rainyer) the camera was not at hand. It was a little disappointing but it is what it is. I had to give it up.
Early at SeaTac, aboard the plane, and the earliest tomato, vodka, Tabasco drink I ever drank (I’m on the verge of becoming a wreck), I read Louie L'Amour and dozed through the flight AFTER I got these shots of Rainer…and St. Helens…and Hood…and another! Of course I couldn’t get all four at one time so take a guess at the others. Hint, see the giant landslide on Rainer?
All is well in Minnesota…the temperature and humidity have dropped…but as I told the in-laws, “I’m here so something bad is 'bound to happen”.
Best, David


Probably Mt Hood, Mt Jefferson, Mt. Adams and Three Sisters are somewhere in that picture. We watched them all pass in the distance as we drove down the eastern side of Washington and Oregon. Fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, read Undaunted Courage if you want to know how Lewis and Clark did it. It is written from their journals. Excellent book.